CousinDIY > > Positivity Memo Board
Positivity Memo Board
In a world that’s crazy enough, always place yourself and your happiness first! Be creative, share your positive vibes with the world with this easy DIY project and be the best version of yourself every day! 💕✨
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Time: 1 Hour
- Cut two 14" x 20" lengths of batting.
- Spray foam core board with spray adhesive and lay the two layers of batting on top of the foam core board. (Adhesive should hold it in place.)
- Spray a thin layer of adhesive onto the surface of the top layer of batting. Lay the batik fabric over the batting. (Adhesive should hold it in place. Flip foam board upside down.
- Spray a light layer of adhesive along the two longer edges of the foam board. Tuck a hem edge underneath the side edges of the fabric, and press the fabric so it adheres to the adhesive on the foam board.
- Repeat the previous step on the top and bottom edges of the foam board and fabric, folding and angling the side edges in.
- Use packing tape, if necessary, to hold the hem edges of fabric onto the foam board. Positivity Memo Board
- Cut eight 30" and one 12" lengths of ribbon. Iron flat, if ribbon is wrinkled.
- Turn board back over, fabric side up. Using Diagram 1 as a guide, lay the 30" lengths of ribbon on top of the fabric, being sure to alternately weave the ribbons over and under where they crisscross. (Sewing pins can help anchor and secure the ribbons into the edges of foam core board as you arrange them.)
- Once the ribbons are arranged and anchored, flip board upside down. Trim ribbon ends and fold them under about 1/4". Making sure the ribbons are pulled snug, use tacks to tack each ribbon end onto the back side of the foam board.
- Flip board back over so fabric side is up.
- Slide a headpin through a Swarovski round and cut the tip of the head pin at an angle, to a length similar to the tacks used in step 9.
- Position the end of the head pin over a ribbon crisscross and use the hammer to gently hammer it into the foam board. Repeat this step on each ribbon crisscross.
- Use tacks to attach the ends of the 12" length of ribbon, to the back side of the memo board, as a hanger. (Length of ribbon can be adjusted to your preference.)