Keep your kids creative with this easy step-by-step paracord DIY project!
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Time: Less Than 30 Minutes
1. Cut a 40” length of paracord. Pull back outer layer of paracord on each end, trim a bit of the inner cord, and pull the outer layer back out. *Singe and seal the ends with a lighter.
2. Fold paracord in half. Thread a pony bead onto each end of cord and slide them up, approximately a loop approximately 3” long in the middle of the paracord.
3. Pinch the cords together on the loop side of the pony beads. Bring the cords back around and tie a square knot around the loop.
4. Leaving enough cord to form the larger set of dragonfly wings, tie another square knot around the loop.
5. Leaving enough cord to form the smaller set of dragonfly wings, tie another square knot underneath the previous square knot.
6. Tie three more square knots underneath the previous square knot.
7. Trim paracord tails. *Use lighter to singe the ends and secure the paracord to the square knot.