Tools & Other Supplies Needed
Red Acrylic Paint
Red Glitter Paint
Small Foam Paint Brush
Small Piece of fine/medium Sandpaper
Holly Berry Pattern Page from Instructions
Heavyweight Paper or Paper Bags for Pattern Pieces
Hot Glue Gun (Adult Supervision Mandatory)
1. Lightly sand the top and sides of the wood plaque and letters.
2. Paint the top and sides edges of the wood plaque with red paint and allow to dry.
3. Paint the top and side edges of the plaque with red glitter paint and allow to dry.
4. Turn letters over and place them on the back side of a sheet of white adhesive back glitter foam, trace around them, and cut them out so white glitter is on the top side of the letters. Remove adhesive film covering and adhere the white glitter letters onto the top side of the wood letters. Use the glue gun to vertically glue the word “JOY” down the middle of the top side of the plaque.
5. Print the holly and berry shapes from instructions and cut them out to make two pattern pieces.
6. On the back side of a sheet of green glitter foam, trace and cut out nine holly leaves.
7. On the back side of a sheet of red glitter foam, trace and cut out nine holly berries.
8. Use the glue gun to glue three holly leaves and three holly berries onto the center of the plaque, just above the letter “J”.
9. Use the glue gun to glue three holly leaves and three holly berries onto the bottom of the plaque, on each side of the letter “Y”.