CousinDIY > > Happy Hallaurween Necklace
Happy Hallaurween Necklace
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Time: Less Than 30 Minutes
- Remove the 6mm jump ring from the LAURDIY tag. Connect six 6mm jump rings together to make a jump ring chain. Repeat this step two more times for a total of three jump ring chains.
- Use another 6mm jump ring to connect one end of each jump ring chain together. Connect another 6mm jump ring to that jump ring.
- Slide the last jump ring from the previous step onto the middle of the stretch cord. Join both ends of stretch cord together and slide them up through a small gold cube and the gold skull. Slide a 6mm jump ring, a black bead, and two 4mm jump rings onto the joined cords. Tie the two ends of stretch cord into a tight knot that rests inside the 4mm jump rings, anchoring the skull tassel pendant.
- Cut two 7' lengths, each, of orange and lavender hemp cords. Join these cords together. Position the skull tassel pendant in the middle of the joined hemp cords and tie into a snug knot, then lay each end of stretch cord, in opposite directions, along the joined hemp cords. Tie the middle of the joined hemp and stretch cord ends together into a tight overhand knot. The gold tassel skull pendant will hang down below the overhand knot. Trim the two tails of stretch cord.
- You now have four hemp cords on each side of the overhand knot; 1, 2, 3, 4. Cords 2 & 3 are middle cords.
- On one side of the overhand knot, slide the following onto one of the middle cords: black bead, large gold bead, black bead, black bead, large gold bead, and eleven black beads.
- Slide a black bead up against the overhand knot. Just beyond the black bead, tie cords 1 and 4 into a square knot, around the middle cords.
- Slide a large gold bead up against the previous square knot and tie cords 1 & 4 into a square knot around the middle cords.
- Slide a black bead up against the previous square knot. Just beyond the black bead, tie cords 1 and 4 into three square knots around the middle cords.
- Repeat steps 7-9 one more time.
- Repeat step 9 ten more times.
- Repeat steps 6-11 on the other side of the overhand knot.
- Join all the cords together on one end of the necklace. Slide a large gold bead onto the joined cords so it rests up against the last square knot. On the other side of the large gold bead, tie the cord ends into a tight overhand knot. Use glue to secure the knot and trim cord ends flush with the knot.
- On the other end of the necklace, Tie cord 2 into half hitch knots, around cord 1. Continue to a length that is long enough to form a loop that fits around the large gold bead on the other end of the necklace. Bring cords 1 & 2 back together with cords 3 & 4 and tie into a knot that rests on the underside of the necklace. Secure the knot with glue and trim cord ends.
Get the Supplies