Faux Corn Wreath
InstructionsTools & Other Supplies Needed
Cardboard (approx. 13-14” square)
Flat Paper Plates
Yellow, Orange, Red, and Brown Acrylic Paint
Hot Glue Gun (*Adult Supervision Mandatory)
Corn Cob & Husk Pattern Templates (see PDF instructions)
Clear Drying Craft Glue
Small Disposable Paint Brush
1. Squirt multiple squirts of yellow, orange, red, and brown acrylic paint onto a flat paper plate.
2. Print, trace, and cut out corn cob and husk shapes onto paper plates to make pattern pieces.
3. Press a piece of bubble wrap (bubbles side down) onto the paints. Continue lifting and pressing bubble wrap into the paints until covered. To make the corn kernels, carefully lift the bubble wrap and press it, paint side down, onto heavyweight white paper. (Try to cover the white paper with various colored corn kernels.) Repeat until you have enough painted paper and bubble wrap to cut out fourteen paper corn cobs and fourteen bubble wrap corn cobs. Allow the paint to dry.
4. Trace and cut out fourteen corn cobs from each the painted paper and the painted bubble wrap. Use paint brush to coat painted paper cobs with glue. Adhere the painted bubble wrap cobs onto the paper cobs. Allow glue to dry.
5. Trace and cut out seven corn husk shapes from each the tan and green foam sheets. Use glue gun to glue husks onto the fourteen cobs from the previous step to make ears of corn inside husks.
6. Trace a circle approximately 10-10 ½” onto a piece of cardboard. Trace a smaller circle, approximately 7 ½”– 8” centered inside the larger circle. Cut out the cardboard to create a circle ring.
7. Position overlapped ears of corn in husks around the cardboard circle ring. Use hot glue gun to evenly glue the ears of corn inside husks around the cardboard circle ring.
8. Cut an 8” length of cord. Bring the ends together and tie them into an overhand knot. Use glue gun to glue the knot to the back of the cardboard circle ring for a hanging cord. Trim off any excess cord tails.
9. Repeat step 5 and glue the husks to the back side of the wreath so they overlap and line up between the husks on the front of the wreath. (This step will give your wreath added dimension.)
Get the Supplies
|1pc Natural 2Ply Jute Cord|
This Natural 2Ply Jute Cord Is great for many kinds of projects as well as jewelry. Create beautiful weaves, braids, wrapped projects and more for endless possibilities!
|Light Green Foam Sheet, 12 x 18 inch, 2mm||Foam sheets are perfect for countless DIY projects and crafts!Quality foam construction with precisely cut measurementsFoam sheets can be used in a lot of die-cutters as well as easily cut by hand with scissors, craft knives and moreGreat for kids and adult art projects, crafts, framing, matting, scrapbooking, cards, and more!Includes Single 12 x 18 inch Foam Sheet2mm ThicknessColor: Light Green||$0.99|
|Tan Foam Sheet, 12 x 18 inch, 2mm||Foam sheets are perfect for countless DIY projects and crafts!Quality foam construction with precisely cut measurementsFoam sheets can be used in a lot of die-cutters as well as easily cut by hand with scissors, craft knives and moreGreat for kids and adult art projects, crafts, framing, matting, scrapbooking, cards, and more!Includes Single 12 x 18 inch Foam Sheet2mm ThicknessColor: Tan||$0.99|