#203-26018 Wood Oval Wall Plaque, 9 ¾”x 6 5/8” x 3/8” (1)
#34734253 Bright Colors Embroidery Floss, 40 pc. (1 pk)
#40000703 Gold Size 12 Sequin Pins, 300 pc. (1 pk)
#4472 Jewelry Hammer (1 – or small head hammer)
#4459 Tweezer Set, 3 pc. (1 pk – or any tweezers)
Tools & Other Supplies Needed
Dragonfly Template (attached to instructions)
White Paint & Rag
Clear Drying Craft Glue
1. Dilute white paint w/ some water. Use rag to apply paint to the plaque. Allow to dry.
2. Sand the top and edges of the picture frame.
3. Print out dragonfly template. Tape it to the surface of the plaque using scotch tape. Using the template as a guide, securely hammer sequin pins through the template into the plaque so the pins are all approximately hammered in evenly.
4. Choose desired floss colors for the head, body, and wings of your dragonfly.
5. *Starting with the head and body of the dragonfly, string floss back and forth around the sequin pins.
6. Repeat step 5 for the wings of the dragonfly.
-Start by tying one end of each color of floss to a sequin pin using a knot and leaving a tail. Once you have finished stringing that color of floss, either use a knot to tie that end of floss to another sequin pin or, if you end up next to the tail you started with, it can be tied to that tail. Place a touch of glue onto all knots and allow to dry. Trim off any remaining tails of floss.
-Tweezers are very helpful in stringing the floss in between the sequin pins.
This Jewelry Hammer is a general use hammer that has a dual head for metal shaping: one flat face for driving or flattening, and a rounded face for peening and riveting. The perfect tool to start your foray into metal working!
If you’re looking for high-quality wood rounds for all your crafting needs, you’ll love these Hanging Oval Wood Plaques! Made of solid hardwood with a variegated wood grain, these rounds are both beautiful and durable. 9 ¼” x 6 3/8” x 3/8”